Friday, December 18, 2020

The Assistant's Outrage

Madness! the Assistant shouted, slamming his fist on the desk. The Editor looked up, blinking. I warned you, he continued, the man cannot write a cookbook to save his life! He is utterly insane! And slapped a printout down before Him. Cancel his Contract!

A pause.

Not yet, the Editor replied softly.  









The names of good people have been changed to protect their privacy. For some bad ones, I've changed the names when I am no longer as angry with them as I once was, or if I do not wish to embarrass them or those close to them or descended from them. Or, if I think that some fool might try to sue me, maim me, or even kill me!

I'm a writer, not a Warrior, for all my dabbling in the Arts. 

Sometimes, the names of Evil remain unchanged, as I have no fear to speak ill of the dead, especially if they are well buried. Or of some living, who hide in the shadows still and are dead to me. The dead cannot sue, they can but haunt me in my dreams, and the worst of them do that already. May I haunt them back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment